Program Outcomes and Highlights
The Penrith Youth Orchestra provides students with a unique mix of opportunities to learn, rehearse and perform with professional artists and tutors.
Penrith Youth Orchestra and Penrith Strings members have:
- built skills in technical accuracy
- gained skills in ensemble playing
- learned professional rehearsal techniques
- developed confidence in playing and performing
- performed at least two public concerts per year, as well as other informal performances
- built relationships with other young musicians in their local region
- explored pathways including performing with the PSO and, in some cases, pursuing a career in music.